Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Poutahu Whakaakoranga - First Year Masters Student

Kia Ora koutou, I've decided to carry on my class blog by sharing my new learning journey with everyone, so you know what I am up too!! Here are some photo's of my first week of study at Te Wananga O Raukawa!! This week we met our lecturers and made these amazing Maro! The maro, is a frontal apron tied around the waist, making it one of the most common and basic traditional Māori garments.  It was worn by both men and women. We were broken into 3 groups and each group had to come up with a kaupapa relating to the underlying principles of Te Wananga O Raukawa. My group chose to base our Maro on WHAKAPAPA!! We had a variety of materials to choose from...I chose to work with coloured muka. These are our finished Maro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment