Purpose - (Why are we writing) To show someone how something works / is made / is played.
W.A.L.T write instructions
Co constructed SC:
The name of the activity - How to ...
persuasive words language, must, you need
Rules - do's and don'ts, safety rules
Steps - are put In order with pictures
specific and easy to understand
make sure it makes sense - proof reading and editing, spelling
Here are some examples:
This quick recipe feeds 3 hungry witches and makes a tasty midday snack!
You will need the following ingredients:
• A pint of sour milk • 501 grams of dandruff
•a handful of horse hair • 2 pairs of rats’ eyeballs
• 2 slices of stale mouldy bread • 250g of sugar
• A teaspoon of bats’ blood
• 13g of crushed toe nail clippings
You will need the following equipment:
• A set of weighing scales • A teaspoon • A large cauldron
• A wooden mixing spoon • A small serving plate • A small knife
1. Gather all your equipment and ingredients together. Remember to wash your hands before you start preparing and cooking!
2. Firstly, make sure you have the correct quantities of all the ingredients in advance. You will need to weigh the dandruff, sugar and toe nail clippings carefully.
3. Begin by pouring the pint of sour milk and the 501 grams of dandruff into the cauldron. Use a wooden spoon to gently mix these ingredients together.
4. Next, add the horse hair to the mixture and stir thoroughly for 3 minutes. (There should be no lumps present in the mixture).
5. Gently place the rats’ eyeballs into the cauldron, one at a time. These will add texture and flavour to your sandwich filling.
6. After that, add 250 grams of sugar into the mixture to sweeten it. Stir slowly until the mixture becomes a thick paste. You are nearly ready to serve!
7. Lastly, place the 2 slices of stale mouldy bread on a small serving plate. Use a small knife to spread the mixture between the slices.
Hubble bubble toil and trouble!
slimy sandwitch is now
ready for munching!!!
Chef’s Tip: For extra flavour smother your sandwich in bat’s blood, add a sprinkle of crushed toe nail clippings and serve chilled!