Thank you Emma and Gina for helping us!
2 x 310 g can whole kernel corn or 3 or 4 fresh cobs with kernels cut off
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
Shake of pepper
oil for frying
1. Drain the corn reserving 6 Tbsp of the liquid. Mix corn, reserved corn liquid and melted butter.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and stir into the corn.
3. Beat the eggs well and stir into the batter.
4. Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter into it.
5. Fry for 2 – 3 minutes on both sides, until golden brown.
6. Drain on paper and keep hot.
Makes 30 fritters.
Mexican Cinnamon Cookies
Yield 2 dozen
- 300g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together icing sugar and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
4. Rolling Mixture: Mix together 1 cup icing sugar and 1 cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until nicely browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.